Monday, January 12, 2009

My Goofy Cousin

“We did it!!! Calvin and I finished the 1/2 marathon and I finished the marathon!!!”
This is what my goofy cousin, Joelene, emailed me tonight. She ran the Disney ½ Marathon on Saturday, with her son Cal, and the Disney Marathon yesterday to complete the Goofy Challenge. I never had any doubt that she would successfully complete both events; I ran my first marathon, Green Bay ’03, with her and if not for Joelene over the last four miles, I might still be on the course! And how cool is it that she ran a ½ marathon with her son. That’s awesome. From the rest of her email, I can tell that she is absolutely pumped, and she should be. Way to go Joelene and Calvin! You guys ROCK!!!

2 comments:

Live/Love/Life said...

Awesome!
Is that actually in Disney?
If so, that would be even cooler..

Brian said...

Hi Perplexed. Yes, it's in Disney World, and I imagine a fun time with Mickey and friends cheering for you.