Saturday, January 3, 2009

Joe the Super Dog

Joe Louis has two jobs in our house; bark at anything that moves remotely close to our yard, and ensure that I get out of bed to let him out and feed him each and every morning at about 5:15 – after which he generally goes back to sleep. I usually don’t take Joe with me on my early morning runs, but as I got ready for this morning’s run, I figured why not. So just before exiting the house, I barely brushed his leash and collar, the sound of which caused him to come bounding down the stairs, ready to run. The morning was cool, probably in the mid-twenties, but without a wind, so it wasn’t too bad at all. We set out on our five-mile loop, and Joe was running pretty well so I decided to take him on a second lap. To my surprise, Joe kept going strong for the entire second lap as well – good for ten miles. He had a lot of miles left in him this morning too. And then he was a tired dog. I think I will change some of my longer running routes to steer clear of narrow roads so Joe can safely run with me. While it is a little cool to be pushing Braedon, Joe seems to do well in the colder temperatures.

2 comments:

Barry said...

He is a very handsome dog. What a loyal running partner.

Brian said...

Joe says, "Much thanks." Now I hope he doesn't let this compliment go to his head and wrap me around a telephone pole again!