Sunday, January 18, 2009

Joe and the Stopwatch

I wear a watch when I run, more as a means to gauge the approximate distance we’ve gone based on our pace than to keep splits or precise running time. I loop Joe’s leash around my left wrist when we run, which is also the same wrist where my timekeeper resides. This has never been a problem. This morning, however, we startled “something” on the river bank and it screeched across the ice, scaring Joe, causing his hackles to rise before he sprinted away. As I was being dragged behind Joe, the tension in the leash hit a button or two on my watch, which, once the excitement was over, was beeping and flashing. My fingers, being partially numb from the cold, were not especially useful at trying to stop this noise and light show. So, we just ran the rest of the way home to the cadence of a beeping watch. Oh well, I hope it didn’t wear the battery down too much, and if it did, I guess I’ll be able to truthfully say my alarm didn’t go off the next time I’m late for work…

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Brian, thanks for the comments. Yeah, yesterday was the first run with the baby jogger, and I'm really looking forward to this spring when we have more consistant warmth. Keep up the running bro.