Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good Advice

I “ran” into Jeff Hinte yesterday, the race director, and “H” in HAT Run, for the 50K that I am running in March. We ran for about a mile together. It was interesting to talk to someone that has run numerous 100-mile races. His 50K advice for me was to run the first twenty miles slow, and then, if I felt good, really start pushing the pace over the last ten. It sounds simple, but based on my last marathon, I will need to focus on setting a sustainable pace.

Joe and I again dropped a bill off at the post office today. This time I held the bill in my hand, rather than tuck it in my pants and risk another fiasco like Wednesday night. Braedon said he was cold, so he stayed home and played with his trains while Joe and I were running.

2 comments:

Live/Love/Life said...

OMG!
50K ???
Seriously I'd be happy to run 5.
: )
That is AWESOME!
Keep up the good work!

Brian said...

Thanks Perplexed! And don't worry about your running times or distance, just get out and put one foot in front of the other and you'll be amazed at how far your feet will carry you.