Wednesday, November 19, 2008

That Wonderful Cool, Crisp Air

It was cold today (low 30s, with a breeze – that is almost winter conditions here in Maryland). When I got home from work I bundled the kid up, got the dog’s leash, and the three of us headed out for a run. Now, before we left, Mom asked Braedon if he was warm enough no less than seventeen times. Oh, he was plenty warm until about a minute into our run when he decided he’d heed Mom’s advice and begged Dad to go back home for a blanket. It was no problem, although wrapped snug under a blanket, it looked like I was out running with the dog while pushing only a little face in a stroller. We saw several trains (Braedon’s favorite), a few squirrels (Joe’s favorite) and I enjoyed the way the cool air felt on my face. I’ll take these nice cool temps (for running) any day over heat and humidity. We even saw the sun disappear below Havre de Grace while running along the Susquehanna River.

2 comments:

Barry said...

It was in the upper teens here this morning. Ouch. I planned on getting out for a run after work (job #1) but just could not jam it in between that, a quick trip to the market, critter chores, and getting to work (job #2). I have high hopes for Friday though.

How does the dog do on longer runs?

Brian said...

The farthest I have run with the dog is about 8 miles. And in the winter he does fine. In the summer I have to really pay attention to make sure he isn't getting too hot. I do bring water for both of us and we don't run as far together in the summer.