Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow!

It snowed here in Maryland today and I couldn’t have been happier. Joe Louis and I went out for a six-miler in the stuff. It was coming down pretty hard at times, and the river and sky met in an indistinguishable gray blur. It seemed like we were always running into the wind, and the snowflakes kept sticking to my glasses. But was it ever refreshing. While there is a good possibility I’ll see some snow at tomorrow’s 5K, I can’t help but wonder if snow also awaits the runners of tomorrow’s JFK 50 Mile Race near Hagerstown. The JFK is a race I plan to run in the next few years.

Braedon and I revisited our race strategy for our 5K. Yep, I’m going to run and he is going to ride. “Real fast” were his instructions. We’ll see about the fast part. Actually, I don’t think that pushing a stroller will add a lot to our time – it will add a lot to the effort, but I don’t have much speed, with or without a stroller in front of me. So, just as last week, the plan is to enjoy the run.

No comments: