Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Like Night and Day

My schedule has been just a tad bit hectic this week and I resumed the nighttime running. Last night, after putting Braedon to bed, Joe and I ran our regular five mile route through the VA and the park. There are no street lights in the park, so naturally we slowed down to avoid running into anything. Once our eyes adjusted to the low light we picked up the pace slightly until we got to the wooded road that exits the park. It was pretty dark in the woods last night, and even though I am very familiar with this route, I was still straining to use all my senses to navigate the winding road. At one point I even adjusted my touke to rest above my ears to help me see better, which of course is utterly ridiculous as I do not have bat-like capabilities. Eventually we emerged from the big dark woods unscathed (maybe I do have bat-like capabilities). This afternoon, Braedon, Joe, and I ran the same route in broad daylight. To no surprise, the three of us traversed the five miles much quicker than Joe and I did last night.

1 comment:

Barry said...

That's a great story!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

-Barry