Sunday, November 30, 2008

Keep Right!

We spent an enjoyable Thanksgiving visiting family in the Virginia Beach area. I got a couple of runs in, including an 11-miler early on Black Friday (running is a great way to avoid the crowds). One of the humorous sights on our trip was a sign on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Keep Right! If I were any further right, we’d have been in the drink.

Over the past week, the outside of my right knee becomes slightly sore, or weak, once I run beyond four or five miles. I believe the discomfort is due to my iliotibial band. Regardless, I’m going to Keep Right and take it easy for a few days and then I’ll stick with some shorter runs before testing the four to five mile barrier again.

2 comments:

Barry said...

That's a great photo. Hope you can work through the leg issue!

Brian said...

Thanks for the note Barry. I think we're going to be just fine (or at least we'll find out on the next run).