Saturday, November 15, 2008

Postponed

The rain over the past few days and last night turned the planned 5K route into a muddy soup. It was pouring when we arrived at the site, and the support crew personnel were already dirty from their reconnaissance of the course. As such, due to liability concerns, the race director decided to postpone the race until next Saturday. That is too bad because running in the mud is a lot of fun. But, I’m glad for the race delay because there was no way I would have been able to push a stroller through some of the mud holes on the course, and my son is psyched for his first race. So we will try again same time next Saturday. When we returned home, the dog and I went for an appropriately muddy run of our own through some of the nearby fields.

2 comments:

Barry said...

What a drag. Incidentally, do you have different running shoes for mud and street?

Brian said...

Yes. My older shoes are my mud shoes. I have two pair of running shoes that I rotate (older and newer) to provide a slightly different motion for my feet and legs (overuse injury prevention). But no, I do not have different shoe types for racing, or trail running, or running through water and mud.