Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's Next

I went on a short run this evening with my son and our dog. The legs are still a little sore, but not too bad. I think I am recovering well, which, aside from not hurting everywhere, is encouraging because it indicates that my training prepared my body for the rigors of a marathon and built it strong enough to recover quickly. So where do I go from here? Running a marathon is what got me up and out the door all those early mornings. For the next couple of weeks I will focus on rest and easy runs. I did sign up for a 5K next month (15 Nov) that is being held as a fundraiser for one of our local high school cross country teams. I do not aspire to run as fast as I absolutely can at that race, but it should be fun. If the race director allows, I'll even push my son in the race. He'll like that.

A couple of my friends are registered for the National Marathon (21 Mar) and will begin their training cycle next month. I’ll probably join them on some of their long runs because I do want to maintain this fitness level, but mostly because I like the long run.

No comments: