Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ouch!

I got up early this morning for a run in the dark. I like running in the dark, in the middle of roads ordinarily too busy to cross. How different the town looks without the hustle and bustle of day time activity. Once I got the VA grounds, where the street lights cease and I run along the Chesapeake Bay, I was startled by a few cats as they’d wait until the last possible moment to scurry across my path. When I got to the park, a warm wind picked up off the bay, which I thought unusual after yesterday’s cooler temperatures. Around this point I began feeling soreness in my left calf. I made it home all right, but my calf has been sore throughout the day. I’ve iced it several times and will have to take it easy for a few days and see how it feels.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Take it easy and watch out for those cats!