Friday, October 24, 2008

Joe Louis Redeems Himself

My son, dog, and I went for a very enjoyable run this evening. Joe Louis must have taken the talk we had earlier in the week to heart, because he ran like a champ. My son was eager to go too, no tears today! It was a cool, gray day; the kind of fall day that I love, although had it been about fifteen to twenty degrees cooler it would have been absolutely perfect. I grew up in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, which isn’t the coldest spot on earth, but is colder than Maryland. I miss the cold, overcast days of fall and winter. My wife, on the other hand, thinks I am a bit odd for looking forward to cold, gray days. As she is from a warmer clime (Virginia Beach), she requires a daily dose of sun – like a house plant I joke. But yes, she is right, I seem to be the odd one because I find bright, sunny fall and winter days to be depressing, while cold, miserable, gray days are invigorating.

No comments: