Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I am a Sloppy Present Wrapper

After another epic bedtime battle, a time when Braedon turns into his alter ego, Bedtime Wonder Boy, “we” began wrapping presents. Now, I say “we,” but what I really mean is she, because my wife is the resident present wrapper. I have heard throughout the years that I am a sloppy present wrapper, and, truth be known, I have nothing on my wife when it comes to wrapping presents. My folding never results in aesthetically pleasing congruent angles, and the pattern on the paper never ever lines up at the seam (would you like me wall paper your house?). The best thing that I can do is stay out of the way. So I tried to at least sound useful by saying, “the dog needs exercise, so I’ll take him for a run so you won’t have to.” ….She wasn’t buying it, but I think she was somewhat glad to have the peace and quiet once we left (and after Wonder Boy finally quit the fight for another day). It was another cold and windy night time run; there were even breakers in the bay. And now that all of our work is done, we can say that we were really productive tonight because Braedon finally fell asleep, Joe is resting peacefully by my feet, and the presents are absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

Barry said...

Hey there-

Best to leave it to the experts, I say.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and here's to a Happy & Healthy New Year.

Barry

Fooseberry said...

My husband has the same complaints after wrapping just mine. I say what about the rest of the family gifts?? You are better at it than me besides my back hurts.
Yeah well your butt will hurt after I kick it!!!
Next year he vows to pay them at the mall to wrap-LOL!
Have a great Holiday.

Live/Love/Life said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year!
Two words my friend - Gift Bags!
: )