Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Light Week

Aside from running a few errands, I didn’t put too many miles in this week. And other than a sick week in January, this week is my lowest weekly mileage total so far this year. But that’s okay, because I have a big run planned for Saturday, and I can’t wait. Thirty-one miles of trails, mud, and streams. Although I have never run thirty-one miles, I know I have the aerobic capacity to cover the distance – and just knowing can carry you many miles after fatigue sets in. The unknown is how well will I run entirely on trails and through fields. I don’t get to run on many trails, and the event’s website claims there is nearly 9,800 feet of climbing. So, my plan is to run very conservatively, maintain forward progress, and finish efficiently. If all works out with nap time, my family may be on hand to greet me at the finish. And the exciting part, eight weeks later I get to run the Delaware Marathon!

4 comments:

Fooseberry said...

AWESOME!
Sounds like fun. I am happy to say I am back to running 3 days a week. I had to start the couch to 5K program all over but everyone has to start somewhere. I am aiming for my 1st 5K of the year May 2nd.
Best of luck to you

Barry said...

I am exhausted just reading that. ;) Good luck and can't wait to hear about it.

Live/Love/Life said...

Awesome and enjoy -

Brian said...

Fooseberry - Keep up the good work, you're doing great!