Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cross Training

I woke up a little sore today, but in a good way, if that makes sense. Apologies to Joe Louis, but I decided to forego the easy run I had planned in favor of yard work/garden preparation.

The boys and I hung out again while Mom went off on her own – and this time it was for fun and not for chores. Once she got back, Braedon helped me with the yard work in the back yard.

Joe Louis supervising the work

It was another beautiful day and Mom and Brenden even came out to see what we were up to. I don’t know a lot about dirt, other than we have a lot of clay and rocks, but judging by the number of “healthy looking” worms I saw today, I’d say our dirt is capable of growing good vegetables.


Taking a break to wrestle with Hobbes

After our work was done, I cut Braedon’s hair and my hair with the clippers (for Perplexed – the clippers were dull, and I am wearing a hat as I type). Then we had to feed the animals. Though we don’t live on anything that resembles a farm, some of our relatives have suggested we live in a zoo.

Thomas, Momma Cat, and Wennel

At day’s end my legs feel great and ready to run. I’ll push them a little bit tomorrow, but enjoyed the “cross training” of working in the yard with my family today.

2 comments:

Barry said...

Joe is one handsome dog and appears to be a good supervisor.

Hobbes looks enormous. What a cat!

Nice to get a day outside with the kids and critters. We had a little more snow this evening. Expecting low 20s overnight this weekend.

Brian said...

All of our cats end up looking enormous. To be a cat at our house is not a bad life, I presume.