Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grocery Run


We enjoyed the company of some of our friends this afternoon. They brought over dinner and dessert and we provided the rest of the meal (we really made out on this one). Before they arrived I had to run to the store to purchase some of the rest of the meal. I ran to two stores, brought my own bag to haul the goods, and was in and out as quickly as possible. Total running distance was approximately two and a half miles, and I was gone for a total of forty minutes, which isn’t much more time than had I driven to the stores. Joe Louis was not very happy that he could not go on this run. We had a very enjoyable meal, conversation, and wine from a local vineyard. We also learned that our friends are participating in a community supported agriculture system and will receive produce weekly from May through October at one of the local farms. Sounds like a good idea to me.