Friday, September 26, 2008

2 Weeks and Counting

It’s just about here. The Baltimore Marathon is only two weeks away and tomorrow is my last big preparation workout; thirteen or fourteen miles hard. I have run one other marathon, Green Bay in 2003, but this time I feel much more prepared, although still very inexperienced at the marathon distance. Tomorrow’s workout will be a gauge of where I am. I have not trained with any specific time goal in mind, and this isn’t a must-do situation, not for me anyway. This entire marathon process is just another step in the road, a log book of entries to review and improve upon for the next process. I have enjoyed the evolution of increased distances and faster speed workouts, but most of all I have enjoyed the additional miles with my son; that is our time. Whether “honking” at the geese we see in the park, or discussing Thomas the Tank Engine and his useful friends, it makes everything simple. While I doubt he realizes it, my son has been a good coach, because simple running is good running.

No comments: